Cybex Sirona M Car Seat with SensorSafe 2.0, Ferrari Collection in Victory Black
Why We Love This
About this item
- Sends alerts when unsafe situations arise
- Integrated SensorSafe 2.0 Technology
- Adjustable linear side impact protection system
- 12-position height-adjustable headrest with a no-rethread harness
- Rearward installation up to 40 lbs., forward installation up to 65 lbs.
Introducing advanced child safety protection and caregiver peace of mind in an easy-to-use, convertible car seat—the Sirona M with SensorSafe 2.0. The Sirona M with SensorSafe 2.0 integrates important safety technology into the chest clip of the car seat to alert when unsafe situations arise. The alerts are provided through a vehicle receiver and the caregiver’s smartphone; and while originally developed to help prevent the rising number of infant hot car deaths, the Cybex design of this technology has been expanded to ensure safety for children in a range of additional situations.
The Sirona M with SensorSafe 2.0 still provides that essential alert when the driver accidentally leaves the child behind in the car, but also alerts the driver if a child unbuckles themselves while the vehicle is in motion; if the back seat has become too warm or too cold; and if a child has been seated for too long —all through a user-friendly app, that also provides guidance on installation, how-to videos, FAQ’s and more. Additionally, the Sirona M with SensorSafe 2.0 features adjustable Linear Side-impact Protection (L.S.P. System), which can reduce side impact forces by up to 25% when used properly*, and a 12-position height-adjustable headrest with an integrated no-rethread harness for protection that grows with your child.
- A 5-point safety harness with SensorSafe 2.0 Technology integrated in the chest clip
- Adjustable Linear Side-impact Protection (L.S.P. System) absorbs up to 25% more impact forces in the event of a side impact*
- Magnetic belt holders for easy entry and exit from the seat
- Rear-facing installation from 5 lbs. to 40 lbs., or Forward Facing from 22 lbs. to 65 lbs.
- Energy-absorbing shell helps reduce the forces felt by the baby in a collision
- 12-position, height-adjustable headrest with an integrated no-rethread harness for protection that grows with your child
- 10 position one-hand adjustable recline for the best fit to your car
- Cup holder can be positioned on either side and is dishwasher safe for easy cleanup
- Cozy harness pads with anti-slip backing and comfort padded buckle cover
- Removable newborn insert provides support from 5 lbs. to 11 lbs
- Install using LATCH or the vehicle seat belt for a safe and secure connection to the vehicle seat
- Dual Belt adjusters to ensure a tight fit
- Dual-level indicators to help ensure the proper angle
- Innovative one-pull LATCH removal system
- LATCH Connection storage provided in the seatback when not in use
- Ergonomic design in CYBEX’s iconic Gold Design language
- Designed and engineered in Germany
How SensorSafe 2.0 Works: Originally developed to help prevent the rising number of infant hot car deaths, SensorSafe 2.0 will chime through the installed vehicle receiver to alert when a child is still secured in the back seat after the car has been switched off. This reminds the caregiver to take action quickly, but if the child is still secured after several minutes an alert will be sent to the caregiver’s cellphone through the downloaded app. If the situation is still not remedied, the
designated emergency contact will receive an alert with the GPS coordinates of the vehicle’s last known position. This state-of-the-art safety technology is designed so there is no need to reinstall each time you drive. For ease, just keep the receiver plugged into your car’s OBD port to drive with that extra peace of mind.
- Chimes through the installed vehicle receiver if child is still secured in the seat when the car is switched off
- Alerts through the caregiver’s cell phone if the child is left behind in the vehicle and then alerts the designated emergency contact if the situation is still not remedied
- Emergency contact receives GPS coordinates of the vehicle’s last known position
- Alerts through the vehicle receiver and caregiver’s smartphone when the child has unbuckled themselves while the vehicle is in motion
- Monitors the back seat temperature to alert through the vehicle receiver and the caregiver’s smartphone when the back seat appears to be too hot or too cold for the child’s comfort
- Provides warnings to the caregiver when the child may have been seated for too long and needs a break
- Receiver plugs directly into your car’s OBD port and syncs with the caregiver’s cell phone
- Only one install needed if the receiver is kept plugged into the vehicle’s OBD port
- Helps to prevent misuse by providing guidance on installation, how-to videos, FAQ’s, direct link to customer service and more through the Sensorsafe 2.0 app.
- The app can monitor up to 16 chest clips on a single platform
- App download available for Android and IOS