J Vineyards California Pinot Gris (750 ml)
About this item
This item is not eligible for prepay, however you can still choose Club Pickup and pay for this item when you check in at your Club.
- Aromas: roasted pineapple, candied lemon rind and honeysuckle
- Flavors: zesty orange, tangerine and Asian pear
- Palate: complex with notes of honeydew, jasmine and a sliver of minerality
- Estate vineyards: Lodi (53%); Clarksburg (30%); Russian River Valley (17%)
- Aging: 100% stainless steel
Following hand-harvesting, J Vineyards selected whole grape clusters that they then pressed gently using Champagne press cycles to minimize extraction of harsh components from the skins and seeds. Wine from each appellation was divided into lots and exposed to a variety of yeasts, then fermented at cool temperatures in stainless steel tanks. To preserve the freshness of the fruit and layered floral aromas, the wine did not undergo malolactic fermentation. Following primary fermentation, J's winemakers aged vineyard lots separately in stainless steel tanks until blending, allowing for the development of a range of distinctive aroma and flavor components that were ultimately blended to create this bright, layered wine.