Viking 5-Quart Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven, Charcoal Gray
About this item
- 5-quart capacity with self-basting lid is perfect for large roasts, beans, soups, stocks and more
- Durable matte enamel exterior makes for easy cleanup while resistant to chipping and scratching
- Non-reactive enameled interior is metal utensil safe
- Works on all cooktops, including induction
- Oven and grill safe to 400°F/204°C
Viking Cast Iron will distribute and retain the heat evenly, allowing the pan to reach and maintain ideal cooking temperatures with lower energy requirements. Conversely, cast iron holds cold temperatures equally well for food storage and serving or preparing cold recipes. Viking Cast Iron features a non-reactive glossy enamel interior that is durable enough to handle metal utensils but will not react with foods, maintaining the flavor during cooking. While enamel is not a non-stick surface, the enamel coating does feature stick-resistant properties aiding in cleanup. The exterior of each piece is coated with matte enamel that helps resist chips and cracks while keeping maintenance to a minimum.
The Dutch Ovens and other Braiser feature lid spikes on the interior of the lid to "self-baste" by distributing condensation back into the pot during cooking. The end result means less evaporation, keeping meat tender while helping to retain vegetable nutrients that may otherwise evaporate. Viking Cast Iron is safe for use on the stove, the grill, and in the oven while being elegant enough to take directly to the table for serving.