About this item
- The go-to ingredient for gluten-free and low-carb baked goods
- Almond flour with a rich, buttery flavor
- Made from almonds that have been blanched to remove skins, then ground to a fine texture
- Excellent source of vitamin E, magnesium and dietary fiber
- Low in carbs, 6 grams of protein per serving
Bob's Red Mill Almond Flour (3 lbs.) is the delicious gluten-free flour alternative that is made with finely-ground blanched whole almonds. It's a fun and tasty way to make baked treats and more that are high in protein and low in carbohydrates.
Who Makes This Almond Flour?
This super-fine almond flour is produced and distributed by Bob's Red Mill, a popular American food company that specializes in crafting organic flours. It's an employee-owned company based in Oregon that prides itself on making wholegrain flours accessible, with an array of products for those who have special dietary restrictions. This Bob's Red Mill super-fine almond flour comes in a three-pound bag that makes it ideal for numerous sweet and savory cooking and baking applications.
Who Enjoys Bob's Red Mill Almond Flour?
Its natural butter flavor and rich texture makes this almond meal an instant hit with people of all ages. It's a popular staple in gluten-free bakeries, in progressive restaurants and homes across the country. Whether you are making a batch of cupcakes, zucchini bread, breaded chicken cutlets, pancakes, or tempura vegetables, this delicious and grain-free flour holds up just as well as traditional white or wheat versions. Almond flour adds a natural moisture to meals when baked and adapts easily to various recipes. Those who follow a paleo, gluten free or grain-free diet may appreciate this initially for ticking those boxes, but anyone who tries Bob's almond flour is sure to be delighted by its taste, consistency and versatility.
How May I Enjoy Bob's Red Mill Almond Flour?
As mentioned, Bob's Red Mill super-fine almond flour is incredibly versatile and the package always contains a recipe to get your culinary creative juices flowing. But here are some other delicious uses for almond flour:
- Make almond-crusted halibut with this flour, halibut fillets, melted butter, juice of one lemon and pepper. Simply top fillets with melted butter, lemon juice, pepper and almond flour. Bake until golden and crisp.
- Use almond flour in place of your favorite waffle recipe but make it savory by removing sugar and adding a pinch of salt. Make waffles and top with your favorite breakfast dishes, like cooked ham, eggs, sliced tomato, cheese, etc. and make customizable breakfast stacks.
- If you have a donut pan handy, whip up some grain-free chocolate donuts with almond flour, cocoa powder, eggs, sugar and milk. Once cooked, top each donut with your choice or chocolate drizzle, peanut butter drizzle, or caramel drizzle, or all three!