Select Surfaces Chocolate Oak Engineered Vinyl Plank Flooring (4 Boxes)
About this item
- Vinyl plank flooring is waterproof
- Great for bathrooms, kitchens and basements
- Easy and quick click installation
- Stain-resistant for low maintenance
- Floorscore Certified for indoor air quality
Change the look of a room instantly with Select Surfaces® Chocolate Oak Engineered Vinyl Plank Flooring (4 Boxes). It's suitable for installing in homes and offices.
What's Vinyl Flooring?
Vinyl flooring is a synthetic material that comes in tile, sheet and plank forms. Its bottom layer is typically fiberglass which is then covered with PVC along with a plasticizer. The material is then printed, embossed and coated with a wear layer. Vinyl flooring is economical, water-resistant and versatile. It's popular for placing in bathrooms and kitchens.
What's the Difference Between Vinyl Flooring and Laminate Flooring?
With advancements in technology, the appearance of vinyl and laminate flooring greatly resemble that of real wood, stone and tile, but there are still differences. Laminate flooring is made with a hard plastic surface with a printed design and a core layer of fiberboard, whereas vinyl flooring is 100-percent synthetic. The thickness of vinyl may range between 1.2mm to 12mm while laminate can be from 6mm to 15mm. When it comes to water resistance, vinyl flooring is completely waterproof. Laminate flooring has a fiberboard core, so it can swell and soften when exposed to water, but there are some manufacturers that offer moisture-resistant products. The price of vinyl and laminate are similar, but vinyl sheet flooring is still a more economical choice.
Types of Vinyl Flooring
- Sheet: Comes in a single roll that's typically 6' to 12' wide. Since it limits the number of seams during installation, this type of flooring is ideal for bathrooms and kitchens. It can be laid loosely over subflooring or glued down.
- Plank: Vinyl plank flooring resembles hardwood floors. They're economical and provide stain- and water-resistance
- Tile: Vinyl tile typically comes in individual squares and in various sizes. When assembled, they take on the appearance of stone flooring. These tiles can be arranged to make unique patterns and are also easier to replace when damaged
Vinyl Floor Surface Coatings
Vinyl flooring is constructed with different wear layer surfaces. A no-wax surface is ideal for light traffic areas and offers resistance to stains. Flooring layered with urethane is more durable, easy to maintain and resistant to scratches along with scuffs. Enhanced urethane vinyl flooring offers the highest protection and can hold up to heavy traffic.
Why Choose Select Surfaces Chocolate Oak Engineered Vinyl Plank Flooring?
Besides giving a space warmth and rich color, Select Surfaces Chocolate Oak Engineered Vinyl Plank Flooring is completely waterproof. It offers the look of real hardwood and is simple to install due to its click locking system. This flooring doesn't require an underlayment and will hide small subfloor imperfections. It's resistant to stains, making maintenance a breeze. Terrific for bathrooms, kitchens and basements in the home, this luxury vinyl flooring can also be installed in commercial settings.
When installing your vinyl flooring, it should be placed on a solid, flat surface. It's recommended that you purchase extra materials to compensate for waste. Before the installation of the vinyl flooring, the subfloor needs to be properly prepared. An expansion gap should be left around the perimeter of a room to compensate for the natural contraction of the planks due to seasonal temperatures. The flooring should also be mixed and matched from different packages to reduce shade variations.