Find the Best Mattress
Want to save time and still find the best mattress? You can shop around, do research and make comparisons at SamsClub.com. Shopping for mattresses online is extremely convenient and at Sam’s Club, you’ll always get our unbeatable members-only prices. Start here, and you’ll be well on your way to finding the perfect mattress.
What mattress size is best?
Do you already have a mattress size in mind? Before you decide, there are a few factors to consider. The answer really depends on you, your home and who will be sleeping on the mattress. Let's look at the most common mattress sizes. Keep in mind that sizes may vary slightly between manufacturers:
- King beds (76" x 80") and California king-size beds(72" x 84") are the biggest and can easily accommodate two people. In addition, some moments warrant extra room for kids and pets to snuggle in the bed as well. Be sure to measure the size of the room and the doorway before you shop. And think about what other items need to fit into the space before purchasing a king-sized or California king-sized mattress.
- Queen-size beds(60" x 80") are optimal for many people. They’re ideal for couples who enjoy sleeping in close proximity, they’re also great for single sleepers who appreciate the extra room. Keep in mind that a queen-size mattress provides less room per person than that of two, individual twin beds.
- Full-size mattresses(53" x 75") are a popular choice for guest bedrooms, single sleepers, and teenagers and other young people. Full-size beds may be too small for men and women who are taller than average, so please keep that mind.
- Twin mattresses(38" x 75") are great for younger children. Further, many opt to purchase two twin-size beds to emulate the size of a king. Keep in mind that two twins aren’t exactly the same size as a king bed, but sometimes it can be more economical to purchase two twins rather than one king-size bed. If you decide to do this, consider purchasing a foam bridge to put in between the two mattresses. This way, there will be less of a chance that the mattresses will move apart.
Gel Memory Foam Mattresses
You’ll find gel memory foam from well-known manufacturer, Serta as well as Eurotop mattresses from Beautyrest for a different feel. For those with special sleep requirements, the Zinus Night Therapy makes memory foam mattresses that can relieve pressure on your body; you can get a version for adults or children.
Gel-Infused Memory Foam Mattresses
Other options include the gel-infused Memory Foam Mattress from the Zinus Night Therapy line, or Serta’s own variation on the gel-infused theme. These come in multiple heights and sizes to fit your current box spring, or to suit the new one you get from our inventory. The thickness of this particular type of mattress is necessary for all the tactile support they provide when you lay on them. Once you lay prone on this, the gel memory foam contorts itself to the curves of your body and retains the memory for a warmer, more comfortable sleeping surface.
What are the parts of a bed purchase?
There are three parts to consider regarding a mattress purchase: padding or upholstery, inner springs, and a box spring or foundation. People often associate the word mattress with the top layer of the bed—the padding. The mattress padding can consist of three-to-eight layers of padding. The layers consist of man-made materials, natural fibers, and a variety of foams including memory foam and latex foam. Padding quantity does not always equal quality—that is why it is important to carefully consider the materials inside your mattress. Materials such as wool, silk, and memory foam / latex foam are commonly used in mattress padding. Established brand names and quality of certain padding varies. For instance, foam padding in a $2,000 model will vary from the foam padding in a $3,000 model.
Innerspring coils allow for even weight distribution while sleeping. Mattress prices are often contingent on the number of coils used in its makeup; yet, like padding, quality of coils differs, so more coils do not necessarily mean a better quality of bed or rest. Coil design, function, and durability vary amongst manufacturers.
Box springs are affixed with mini coils, which help supplement weight absorption. A quality box spring can help extend the life of a mattress set. Some mattress sets come affixed with a foundation rather than a box spring. Foundations can be framed in wood or steel, yet do not address shock absorption like box springs. At Sam’s Club, there is also a selection of beds with adjustable foundations. With adjustable foundations, you can sit up and read, have breakfast in bed or watch TV. Or, simply adjust the bed for maximum comfort while you’re sleeping. If you’ve never tried an adjustable foundation, now’s the time to try one!
What about water beds?
It is recommended to give some thought to the purchase of a water bed. Water beds may not be for everyone, yet waterbeds do offer some advantages over traditional beds. Water beds can be heated, so they’re a good option for colder temperatures. What’s more, the life spans of waterbeds are a couple years longer; and waterbeds are not as susceptible to microscopic parasites that may trigger asthma, eczema, or allergies.
What are some mattress buying tips?
- While price is a factor, consider overall value more than just the number. Remember, you will spend a third of your life sleeping, so make sure you purchase a quality mattress that will provide years of comfort for you and your family. For additional value, consider a longer warranty, so you don’t have to replace the mattress for a long time.
- Avoid putting your mattress on the floor. Extend the life of your mattress with a quality foundation, such as a box spring. Not all box springs are created equally. If you live in a smaller space and you’re concerned about being able to fit a box spring into your space, consider a split box spring. Split box springs are available for queen mattresses, king mattresses and California king mattresses.
- Think about your sleeping personality. For instance, those sleeping on their sides may get better rest purchasing a bed with uniquely-designed coils rather than one with interconnected coils. In addition, for those sleeping with a partner who tosses and turns, seeking a bed with quality shock absorption may suit them best.
Mattress Brands At Sam’s Club
Sam’s Club features some of the best mattress brands including Beautyrest, Serta, Night Therapy, Purple Mattresses, and Tempur-Pedic.